Are you interested in getting pierced at Deep Roots but not quite sure how the process works? We’ve outlined all you need to know below, from picking out your amazing new jewelry to booking an appointment and aftercare instructions. Check it out!
STEP 1- Making an Appointment
Before selecting your jewelry, the first step in the piercing process is booking an appointment with us at Deep Roots. People from all walks of life are welcome in our studios regardless of age, race, orientation, or any other identifying factors.
Before you arrive for your appointment, please fill out the release forms for the studio you’ll be visiting. Our release forms are available below:
What if I’m under 18? Can I still make an appointment to get pierced at Deep Roots?
Yes, but there are a few conditions that need to be met. If you are a minor, you need to be accompanied by a parent/legal guardian that has:
- A valid, non-expired, government issued photo ID.
- Proof of relationship, such as a birth certificate or insurance card.
- A completed release form (linked above).
The ID provided on the release form must also match that of the person providing the ID in person at the time of the appointment.
STEP 2- Selecting Your Jewelry
At Deep Roots, we pride ourselves on offering the premier piercing experience, which we call the Deep Roots Gold Standard Promise. The process includes helping you select the stylish new jewelry you’ll soon be wearing in our studios, which we keep meticulously clean.
Through our exclusive partnerships, we’ve brought together some of the most stylish jewelry from today’s top designers for you to choose from. We only sell jewelry made with implant-grade bioinert metals, which means the stylish studs, rings, plugs, and other items we stock do not cause an allergic reaction when they come in contact with your body like some lesser quality jewelry might.
Our most popular jewelry designs are available on our website, but not every style is available at our studios in Seattle, Alderwood, or Bellevue. If there’s a specific piece of jewelry you’re interested in, please give us a call before you visit so that we can check our store inventory for you.
Not sure what jewelry to get?
No worries! In our studios, our talented team can help you pick your new jewelry before your piercing session based on your personal style and budget. Additionally, our expert piercers will offer their professional recommendations to make sure you have the best experience possible.
Can I bring my own jewelry to get pierced at Deep Roots?
Yes, but we have specific rules regarding using your own previously worn jewelry for an install or new piercing.
- Previously worn jewelry must have never been worn by anyone else other than you.
- Previously worn jewelry absolutely must be thoroughly sterilized by one of our piercers. Please plan to drop it off in a clean baggie labeled with your full name at least one hour BEFORE your appointment time and on the same day. We will not hold jewelry overnight.
- If the jewelry was not previously purchased from Deep Roots, it must satisfy ALL of the following criteria:
- The item must meet the professional industry standards as set forth by the Association of Profession Piercers.
- The item is made of implant-grade ASTM F-136 titanium, ASTM F-138 steel, or nickel-free gold with approved alloys.
- The item comes from an Association of Profession Piercers-approved vendor, adhering to professional initial piercing jewelry standards.
STEP 3- Arriving for Your Appointment
The big day is finally here!
As part of the Deep Roots Gold Standard Promise, our studios operate with a focus on cleanliness, education, and inclusivity. When it comes to the actual piercing process, our experienced team only uses tools that meet the highest industry quality standards in a welcoming and professional environment. Procedures at Deep Roots are performed by trained experts (certified by the Association of Professional Piercers) using sterile, single use piercing needles and never a piercing gun.
To maintain sterilization standards, the Deep Roots team always uses gloves when handling jewelry. Additionally, each item is cleaned when it first arrives and before your piercing using high-pressured steam in an industrial autoclave machine.
Before you arrive for your appointment, please go through the following checklist to make sure you have everything you need:
- Is it the right day and time? Double-check that you’re scheduled for today and arrive a few minutes early to review the jewelry options you’ve made. If you think you’ll be late or need to reschedule, please give us a call.
- Am I bringing previously worn jewelry? If so, it must have never been worn by anyone else. The jewelry must be thoroughly cleaned by your piercer, so please plan to drop it off in a clean baggie labeled with your full name at least one hour BEFORE your appointment time and on the same day. We will not hold jewelry overnight.
The item must also
- Meet the professional industry standards as set forth by the Association of Profession Piercers
- Be made of implant-grade ASTM F-136 titanium, ASTM F-138 steel, or nickel-free gold with approved alloys.
- Come from an Association of Profession Piercers-approved vendor, adhering to professional initial piercing jewelry standards.
- Have I filled out and brought my release forms? Please fill out and bring the appropriate release forms with you to the studio.
- Do I have my ID? Don’t forget your valid, non-expired, government issued photo ID.
- If I’m under 18, do I have everything I need? You must be accompanied by your parent or legal guardian for your piercing appointment, along with (1) their valid, non-expired, government issued photo ID, (2) proof of relationship, such as a birth certificate or insurance card, and (3) a completed release form.
- Have I eaten? No outside food or drinks are allowed in our studios, so please hit your macros and get your caffeine fix before coming in for your appointment.
STEP 4- Aftercare
After your procedure, it is extremely important that you keep your piercing and new jewelry clean throughout the healing process. At Deep Roots, your piercer will answer all of your questions and guide you through what you can expect in the weeks ahead. Their advice will most likely mirror the practices of the Association of Professional Piercers.
Came in on Saturday, December 12th. Had an amazing experience from the moment I walked through the door, to the second I left. The staff was so helpful and full of kindness and enthusiasm. Just the kind, of energy you'd want when walking in to permanently alter your body, pure support and excitement along side of helpful information upon the piercing you're wanting! I was pierced by John, he pierced both of my brows and was an extremely amazing person to have spent time with, and to have had stick a needle through my face. He was extremely thorough in communication, measurements, and all around created a fun supportive environment inside the actual piercing room.
Shy, an amazing human being who was so patient and thoroughly excited to go through all of the beautiful jewelry Deep Roots has to offer. I thoroughly appreciated the time spent showing me all of the beautiful pieces. Especially as someone who is incredibly indecisive. It was comforting to not feel rushed whatsoever. All in all when I walked into Deep Roots I felt like the focus was entirely on me while I was in the shop. I really appreciated the attentiveness and enthusiasm from everyone that was there thank you so much for your providing such beautiful piercings on my face and such a wonderful experience. If I ever decide to get pierced again I will definitely be coming back.
Tatiana, via Google