Did you know that Deep Roots specializes in children’s earlobe piercings?
At our studios, we know how important it is for every piercing to be performed in a clean, safe, and comfortable environment with knowledgeable staff leading the way- especially when it comes to kids. That’s the Deep Roots Gold Standard Promise we hold ourselves to.
When you first arrive at Deep Roots, our trained team of professionals will work with you and your child through the entire process. This includes everything from selecting jewelry through providing aftercare tips, all while helping them feel great about their new look.
Here’s how the process works for children’s ear piercings at Deep Roots:
STEP 1- Making an Appointment
Before selecting your child’s jewelry, the first step in the piercing process is booking an appointment with us at Deep Roots. People from all walks of life are welcome in our studios regardless of age, race, orientation, or any other identifying factors.
Before you arrive for the appointment, please fill out the release forms for your child for the studio you’ll be accompanying them to. Our release forms are available below:
Minors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent/legal guardian that has:
- A valid, non-expired, government issued photo ID.
- Proof of relationship, such as a birth certificate or insurance card.
- A completed release form (linked above).
The ID provided on the release form must also match that of the person providing the ID in person at the time of the appointment.
STEP 2- Selecting Your Jewelry
At Deep Roots, we pride ourselves on offering you and your children the premier piercing experience, which we call the Deep Roots Gold Standard Promise. The process includes helping them select the stylish new jewelry they’ll soon be wearing in our studios, which we keep meticulously clean.
Through our exclusive partnerships, we’ve brought together some of the most stylish jewelry from today’s top designers for you to choose from. We only sell jewelry made with implant-grade bioinert metals, which means the stylish studs, rings, plugs, and other items we stock do not cause an allergic reaction when they come in contact with your body like some lesser quality jewelry might.
Our most popular jewelry designs are available on our website, but not every style is available at our studios in Seattle, Alderwood, or Bellevue. If there’s a specific piece of jewelry you’re interested in, please give us a call before you visit so that we can check our inventory for you.
Not sure what jewelry to get?
No worries! Our talented team can help you pick your new jewelry before your piercing session based on your personal style and budget. Additionally, our expert piercers will offer their professional recommendations to make sure you have the best experience possible.
Can I bring my own jewelry to get pierced at Deep Roots?
Yes, but we have specific rules regarding using your own previously worn jewelry for an install or new piercing.
- Previously worn jewelry must have never been worn by anyone else other than you.
- Previously worn jewelry absolutely must be thoroughly sterilized by one of our piercers. Please plan to drop it off in a clean baggie labeled with your full name at least one hour BEFORE your appointment time and on the same day. We will not hold jewelry overnight.
- If the jewelry was not previously purchased from Deep Roots, it must satisfy ALL of the following criteria:
- The item must meet the professional industry standards as set forth by the Association of Profession Piercers.
- The item is made of implant-grade ASTM F-136 titanium, ASTM F-138 steel, or nickel-free gold with approved alloys.
- The item comes from an Association of Profession Piercers-approved vendor, adhering to professional initial piercing jewelry standards.
STEP 3- Arriving for Your Appointment
The big day is finally here!
We know that getting your first piercing can be a scary experience, which is why our piercers work with your child to reassure them and answer any questions they may have.
As part of the Deep Roots Gold Standard Promise, our studios operate with a focus on cleanliness, education, and inclusivity. When it comes to the actual piercing process, our experienced team only uses tools that meet the highest industry quality standards in a welcoming and professional environment. Procedures at Deep Roots are performed by trained experts (certified by the Association of Professional Piercers) using sterile, single use piercing needles and never a piercing gun.
To maintain sterilization standards, the Deep Roots team always uses gloves when handling jewelry. Additionally, each item is cleaned when it first arrives and before your child’s piercing using high-pressured steam in an industrial autoclave machine.
Before arriving for your appointment, please go through the following checklist to make sure you and your child have everything you need:
- Is it the right day and time? Double-check that you’re scheduled for today and arrive a few minutes early to review the jewelry options you’ve made. If you think you’ll be late or need to reschedule, please give us a call.
- Am I bringing previously worn jewelry? If so, it must have never been worn by anyone else. The jewelry must be thoroughly cleaned by your piercer, so please plan to drop it off in a clean baggie labeled with your full name at least one hour BEFORE your appointment time and on the same day. We will not hold jewelry overnight.
The item must also
- Meet the professional industry standards as set forth by the Association of Profession Piercers
- Be made of implant-grade ASTM F-136 titanium, ASTM F-138 steel, or nickel-free gold with approved alloys.
- Come from an Association of Profession Piercers-approved vendor, adhering to professional initial piercing jewelry standards.
- Have I filled out and brought my release forms? Please fill out and bring the appropriate release forms with you to the studio.
- Do I have my ID? Don’t forget your valid, non-expired, government issued photo ID.
- If I’m under 18, do I have everything I need? You must be accompanied by your parent or legal guardian for your piercing appointment, along with (1) their valid, non-expired, government issued photo ID, (2) proof of relationship, such as a birth certificate or insurance card, and (3) a completed release form.
- Have I eaten? No outside food or drinks are allowed in our studios, so please hit your macros and get your caffeine fix before coming in for your appointment.
STEP 4- Aftercare
After your child’s procedure, it is extremely important that they keep their piercing and new jewelry clean throughout the healing process. At Deep Roots, your piercer will answer all the questions you both may have and guide you through what you can expect in the weeks ahead. Their advice will most likely mirror the practices of the Association of Professional Piercers.
If parents or guardians have any questions, please contact us here. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Got my 10yo daughter's ears pierced here. Christina was extremely professional, experienced and patient with children. Very clean and legit. Recommended
Sheldon, via Google
Our experience here has been wonderful! No matter how much (or little) you spend, or how many piercings you receive, Deep Roots customer service is amazing. Our friends recommended them to us and the staff doesn’t disappoint. Big shout out to Kalin who is helping me and my daughter with her ear piercing after care. I’d highly recommend them for your body piercing and jewelry needs.
April, via Google
My wife and I took our 9 y/o daughter to get her ears pierced at Deep Roots U District location. We were a bit hesitant given the pandemic. We had no need to be. The studio is only allowing people inside who have appointments, are wearing masks (the proper way) and have completed an online attestation. Upon entering, someone took our temperatures and asked us to use hand sanitizer. From that point until we left the studio, only a small number of people were inside, all wearing masks and all conscious of physical distancing.
Take the fear and awkwardness of COVID out of the experience and we were equally impressed. Ryan was our piercer. He talked directly to my daughter, explained the piercing thoroughly in terms she would understand, and answered her questions. He also took the time to explain the importance of breathing to deal with the shock and sting from the needle. A couple of minutes later she was looking in a mirror and listening to after-care instructions.
All in all, a highly professional experience with a great outcome—my daughter is delighted.
Andrew, via Google